Make a FREE WILL DONATION to help support my FREE MUSIC!
(but only if you want to)


.35¢ minimum, please. PayPal takes their cut.

Friday, June 18, 2010

I Am...A Drummer?

Tuesday night I did something I've never done. I recorded drums for a rock song. All sorts of euphemisms come to mind here: uncharted territory, unfamiliar waters, marching to the beat of...wait, not that one.

It was definitely a novel experience in the true meaning of the phrase. I've played drums, sure - but I've never played an entire song through. I've never played drums knowing I was being recorded; a whole different kind of pressure. And I've certainly never played drums to a click track before! Ask any drummer who's done it (any drummer who's recorded, pretty much), it ain't easy. Sort of distracting, actually.

The name of the song is "I Am", and it will be my debut release as an independent solo artist. Because of that - and because the song is about introducing the new me to the world - I decided all the writing, all the arranging, and all the musical performance should be done by me. I'll edit, mix, and master the track myself, too.

Because who "I Am" is constantly changing. Look at me now. "I Am" a drummer!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More