Make a FREE WILL DONATION to help support my FREE MUSIC!
(but only if you want to)


.35¢ minimum, please. PayPal takes their cut.

Thursday, October 1, 2009

WTF: Is Nothing Sacred?

Eddie Vedder slapped me upside the head last night while I was watching TV with my wife. Then, he proceeded to punch me in the face for a full 30 seconds.

I'm referring, of course, to the Target commercial for Pearl Jam's new album. Not only is the anti-corporate progenitor of grunge doing commercials, they're selling their album exclusively at a single retailer.

W. T. F.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not against artists doing commercials. I'm certainly not anti-Target. I love spending money there, because that means Walmart isn't getting my money. (Yes, I hate Walmart!) I'd do a commercial for Target in a split second!

But I'm not Eddie Vedder. Sons of One isn't Pearl Jam. I haven't spent my career battling corporatism. I haven't made it a defining characteristic of my public life.

Is it so much to ask for a little consistency in our heroes? As Eric Cartman would say, "The FUCK"! I was forced to give up on Hetfield and Metallica in 1991. Lucky for me a band called Pearl Jam came out that year.

I guess this lends credence to the addage, "Nothing is sacred."

Why, Pearl Jam? You're freaking icons. You have tons of money. Why do this?

Why?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More